This was another awesome recipe I tried out with my homemade ricotta. SO yummy. We have been having lots of asparagus these days! Which means spring is on its way... it HAS to be people (longest winter ever in Voorheesville!)
Asparagus, Ricotta and Cremini Mushroom Pizza
(adapted from Real Simple)
- 1 pound pizza dough, at room temperature
- cornmeal, for the baking sheet
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and halved lengthwise and crosswise
- 5 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta (see how to make your own)
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- [optional: arugula tossed in lemon juice to top]
- Heat oven to 425° F. Roll out the dough to desired shape and place on cornmeal-dusted baking sheet.
- Brush dough with some olive oil, top the dough with the asparagus, mushrooms, and garlic, then the ricotta, Parmesan, and a little more oil. Season with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Bake on pan (or pizza stone) until the crust is golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Optional: top with arugula tossed in lemon juice.